For car enthusiasts everywhere, the steering wheel is one of the most important parts of their vehicle. Not only does it allow you to steer the car, but it also regulates the speed and direction that the car is going. If your steering wheel needs to be replaced, there are a few places in Eugene where you can go to get it done.
What is a Steering Wheel?
A steering wheel is a circular device on the dashboard of a car that you use to steer. The wheel is connected to the car’s steering column, which is a long metal tube that runs from the front of the car to the back. The wheel helps you turn the car by turning the column.
What are the Different Parts of a Car Steering Wheel?
A car steering wheel is typically made of plastic and contains several buttons, levers, and spokes. It’s attached to the dashboard and rotates as the car moves. The different parts of a car steering wheel include the:
Wheel Hub: This is where the spokes from the wheel attach.
Front Shaft: This connects the wheel hub to the front of the car.
Rear Shaft: This attaches to the rear of the wheel hub.
Pedals: These allow you to steer the car.
How to Change Your Car Steering Wheel in Eugene
Changing your car’s steering wheel is an easy DIY project that can improve your driving experience. Here’s how to do it:
1. Park your car in a safe location with the parking brake off.
2. Remove the steering wheel cover by unscrewing the four screws at the base of the wheel.
3. Carefully pull off the old steering wheel assembly, being careful not to damage the cables or springs.
4. Install the new steering wheel assembly by screwing it into place and tightening the screws at the base of the wheel.
5. Reinstall the steering wheel cover by screwing it into place and removing the four screws at the base of the wheel.
If you’re experiencing problems with your car steering wheel, such as it being hard to turn or becoming loose over time, it might be time for a new one. Changing your car’s steering wheel is a relatively simple task that can be done at most any car dealership in Eugene. Just bring your vehicle in and the dealership will take a look at the wheel and let you know if it needs to be replaced or not.